- Philosophy which believes that truth does not exist or is unknowable.
- Truth is relative.
1. Educators are biased facilitators and co-"constructors" of knowledge. Teachers are then told to become the “guide on the side” and not be the “sage on the stage.”
2. Students are led to doubt and question everything
3. Education shifts from teaching academic knowledge and skills to providing for a learning environment where students construct their own knowledge
4. Reduces the study of history to “perspectives of history.”
5. Education is, thus, based on nature with great Darwinism influences. Those who understand that there is no "real truth" are those who are considered to have "evolved"