Atmosphere By: Paige Pehrson
- In the troposphere, the weather gets colder as you go higher.
- In the stratosphere, it starts cold and gets warmer.
- In the mesosphere, it starts warm and gets colder.
- In the thermosphere, it is the hottest because it is the closest to the sun.
- The troposphere has the most pressure.
- As you go up, there is less pressure.
Importance of The Atmosphere
- The atmosphere protects us from radiation
- It holds the gases we need
- It creates weather.
- Nitrogen makes up 72% of the atmosphere.
- 21% is oxygen
- The rest is other gases
What the Greenhouse effect is
- The greenhouse effect is how gasses trap the sun's heat in the atmosphere
- Land and water absorb most of the sun's energy, the rest is reflected back into space.
- The heat that is absorbed keeps us warm when the sun isn't on us anymore