Week 4 - What?! We're almost done? What do I really need to know?!
Focus: Skills deepening
This week, we are expanding out understanding of how tools and functions and areas you have selected to focus on work; reviewing your 'solutions' with the course design team (Mike, David, Cindy); thinking about overall course structure and seeking out any needed additional improvements.
Course participants will:
Continue to explore, select & integrate selected tools to address previously identified goals relative to course content, communication/collaboration, and assessment of learning.
Okay, WAY more here than you need. Just sample these as they relate to the particular area you are working on.
- Kim, H. Y., & Bonk, C. J. (2010, August). Toward best practices in online teaching: Instructional immediacy in online faculty experiences. International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, 7(8).
- Bozarth, J. (2010). Nuts and Bolts: Brain Bandwidth – Cognitive Load Theory and Instructional Design. Learning Solutions Magazine: http://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/498/nuts-and-bolts-brain-bandwidth---cognitive-load-theory-and-instructional-design
- Wagner, R. J.; Vanevenhoven, J. P.; & Bronson, J. W. (2010). A Top Ten List for Successful Online Courses. MERLOT JOLT (Journal of Online Learning & Teaching). http://jolt.merlot.org/vol6no2/bronson_0610.htm
- Alexander, M. E.; Commander, N.; Greenberg, D. ; Ward, T. (2010). Using the Four-Questions Technique to Enhance Critical Thinking in Online Discussions. MERLOT JOLT (Journal of Online Learning & Teaching). http://jolt.merlot.org/vol6no2/alexander_0610.htm
- Jeffs, M. (2013). How to create great slides for presentations. Via slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/mikejeffs/how-to-create-great-slides-for-presentations
- Pacansky-Brock, M. (2014) 8 Tips for Making Beautiful Presentations. Via Michelle’s blog, Teaching Without Walls: http://michellepacanskybrock.sharedby.co/tw45vW
- Cranford-Teague, Jason. (2013). 8 Tips to Power-Up Your Classroom Presentations. Via edutopia-The George Lucas Educational Foundation: http://www.edutopia.org/blog/8-tips-classroom-presentation-jason-cranford-teague
- Garr Reynolds Blog, Presentation Zen-on issues related to professional presentation design: http://www.presentationzen.com/ And his Presentation Tips: http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/
- Orlando, J. (2013). Improve Your PowerPoint Design with One Simple Rule. From Faculty Focus: http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/teaching-with-technology-articles/improve-your-powerpoint-design-with-one-simple-rule/
- Link to OER Commons - one more opportunity for open educational resources: https://www.oercommons.org/
Comment below with at least 1 of your plans for your course design. How did this course support your design decisions?