First Men to Discover Saturn
Giovanni Domenico was born in Italy on (June 8 1625) (Died In paris on sept 14 1712 ) Parents: Father(Jacopo Cassini) Mother (Cassini Julia Crovesi.) He had a son called Jacques Cassini was a French astronomer, son of the famous Italian astronomer Giovanni Domenico. He was born at the Paris Observatory. He was born on: February 8, 1677. But when father died a lot of years after he died on:April 16 (1756.) He's wife Cathleen was born on: July 16 (1627.) She was a writer for the news paper's. In oct 9 (1714) she change job's and became a doctor. But still now she is died on the nov 5 (1765.) PARENTS
- In 1650, he became a writer at the University of bologna.
- In 1669, he went to paris and soon he became the first director of the paris Observatory.He became a french citizen in 1673.
- In 1662, he had measured the sun’s apparent motion through the sky.Later he measured the distance from earth to the sun.
- In 1666,he owned a dance club.He loved to dance and sing in that time of his days and he was a famous painting around the world.
- Cassini remained in Bologna working until Colbert recruited him to come to Paris to help set up the Paris Observatory. Cassini departed from Bologna on 25 February 1669.
- Giovanni Domenico used the Jupiter’s moon shadows to create tables of the motions of the moons. He used the fixed shadows to determine the length of Jupiter’s day.
- The year was 1655 and the moon was Titan. Giovanni Domenico Cassini made the next four discoveries: Iapetus (1671), Rhea (1672), Dione (1684), and Tethys (1684). Mimas and Enceladus were both discovered by William Herschel in (1789). The next two discoveries came at intervals of 50 or more years -- Hyperion (1848) and Phoebe (1898).
- Cassini is also known by the French name Jean Dominique Cassini. Because of his discoveries pertaining to Saturn, a space probe that the United States launched in 1997 to investigate that planet was named after him.
- He was the first person to build a spacecraft that orbit the moons of saturn and discovery that it had the most moons then any planet. Cassini was designed to explore the Saturnian system from orbit: the planet and its atmosphere, rings and magnetosphere, and its moons, particularly Titan and the icy satellites. Cassini also carried Europe's Huygens probe to its rendezvous with Titan.
He discovered that there is four moons on saturn and the large gap in saturn ring system. The gap is now know as the Cassini division.
Places were he put has paintings
Domenico was also a significant printmaker in etching, often reproducing his own or his father's paintings. However he produced an original series of twenty illustrations of the Flight into Egypt, and one of the fourteen Stations of the Cross.
TheArt Gallery of New South Wales(Sydney, Australia), the Blanton Museum of Art (University of Texas, Austin), the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Finnish National Gallery, the Honolulu Museum of Art, the Indiana University Art Museum, Kunst Indeks Danmark, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Caen, the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Strasbourg, the Musée du Louvre (Paris), Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum (Madrid), Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya (Barcelona), the National Gallery, London, the National Museums and Galleries of Wales, thePhiladelphia Museum of Art, Pinacoteca Ambrosiana (Milan), Pinacoteca di Brera (Milan), the Portland Art Museum, the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium, the Seattle Art Museum, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Wadsworth Atheneum are among the public collections holding paintings by Giovanni Domenico Tiepolo.
Here are same of he's paintings
People he work with
- Neil Armstrong
- Kevin strong
- George michel
- Jarod Brown
- He lived in paris on 23, montmete rd the south side of pairs with his wife and son.