7 Reasons Why You Should Choose Budget Hotels
Travel is so exciting! If you’re visiting Singapore, there’s so much to do and so much to see that you’ll never get bored. However, making your itinerary is half the battle while booking your accommodations is the other part. It is no secret that hotels in Singapore can get a little expensive, so your best bet is looking at budget hotels.
It’s difficult to pinpoint the one exact best budget hotel in Singapore, since they vary according to your needs. There are those catering to backpackers, to families, to groups and even to businessmen. To find the best budget hotel in Singapore, it is always best to check review websites like Agoda or TripAdviser wherein those who have stayed there before can leave a review that will be useful for people searching for the hotel.
Some are still hesitant to book budget hotels, imagining dingy rooms with unclean bathrooms. However budget hotels in Singapore are not like that at all—they may be sparse, but they are great for the weary traveller who just needs a place to rest. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose budget hotels.
- 1. Value for money. This goes without saying. Budget hotels are designed to appeal to the bare traveller--one that does not have too many needs. You are able to save money while getting the accommodations you need.
- 2. No unnecessary add-ons. Do you really need a Jacuzzi on a backpacking stay? Or expensive toiletries when you can do perfectly fine with regular ones? Budget hotels trim down on small areas where hotels normally splurge, and the savings gets passed on to you.
- 3. No temptations. Do you really need to use the spa when there's so much sightseeing to do? More importantly, why would you want to?
- 4. Convenience. Budget hotels are set up to be convenient for travelers, therefore you will find them in various places: near shopping districts, convenience stores, hawker centers and the like. If a budget hotel is a little bit out of the heart of the city, it will still be close to shopping centers and other amenities.
- 5. Help. Naturally, budget hotels are accustomed to helping the tourist who wants to go off the beaten path. Ask them for travel tips, places to see, and places to eat at. They will definitely be able to point you into the right direction.
- 6. Proximity. Most budget hotels are located in the city, near shopping centers and MRT stations. Depending on your itinerary, this will save you a lot of money in transportation fees.
- 7. People. You never know who you’ll meet at budget hotels—and you might meet like-minded people who are fun to travel with!