Sharing the SunShine
November 12, 2016
Early Learning Center & Rise Families,
You may follow my new blog "Sharing the SunShine" at prekday.blogspot.com.
I am excited about GREAT things happening this year at the ELC and so glad your family is a part of it. Please know I am available to address any questions and concerns you may have at any time. The best way to reach me is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is sometimes difficult for me to answer phone calls and return messages promptly. My focus is on the children and do my best to be in classrooms on a daily basis.
SpotlighT on Staff.......
Jennifer joins our staff at the ELC as office manager. She has over 10 years of experience with UAH as an administrative assistant in various departments on campus. She will be our front desk contact person and also take monthly tuition payments. She has been hard at work to compile a payment system and will be sending monthly receipts. Please stop by the lobby and welcome Jennifer! We are so lucky to have her as an addition to our staff.
Parents of Present and Past Students (PoPPs)
Thursday November 17 at 5:30 pm in the library.
Child care will be provided. Please RSVP for childcare to email@example.com.
We will be planning our Holiday Family Celebration and discussing a fundraising opportunity. Please join us in our first meeting of the school year. All parents of children attending the Early Learning Center are welcome.
Thanksgiving Break- School Closed
November 23, 24, 25
Classes resume on Monday, November 28th.
Look What We are Doing!
- Our school day is from 8:00-2:30. Before School Care is offered from 7:00-8:00 and After School Care is offered from 2:30-5:30.
- Doors will open on the East side of the building at 7:45 each day. Doors will close at 8:15. If your child arrives after 8:15 you will have to enter through the lobby doors. Breakfast is served each day in your child's classroom at 8:00. If you arrive after 8:10 and wish for your child to eat breakfast, please stop in the cafeteria and sit with your child for breakfast. Our teachers need your help to get started on time each day. If you do not wish for your child to eat breakfast at school, please make your child's teacher aware of this information.
- Doors open on the East side of the building for pick-up at 2:15 each day.
- Speech Therapy is provided in our classrooms through an integrated therapy approach. Morgan Mayfield is our speech therapist and will be at RISE on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Occupational Therapy is provided through integrated therapy activities. Our contract for services is with United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville & the TN Valley
- Physical Therapy is also provided through a contract with United Cerebral Palsy. Our therapist is Cheryl Ramos, Ph.D.
- I am still working with UAH legal team on a music therapist/specialist for this school year. I will let you know as soon as a contract is finalized.
- Therapy Partners will be at school Monday Sept. with a therapy dog to visit each of our classrooms. This will be an ongoing activity and we will have a visit twice monthly.