City Web Map Project
Charlotte, North Carolina
By Dashaun Dunmeyer
Crossroads@Meade- Computer Science Class
- Charlotte is the 2nd largest financial center in the United States with some of the nation’s largest banks, such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo.
- 365 of Fortune’s top 500 companies take advantage of the city’s pro-business environment.
- There are more than 850 foreign-owned companies in Charlotte representing 42 countries.
- The region is home to 37 institutions of higher learning with 50 campuses providing academic expertise and training to a growing workforce.
- Travelers can take 700 daily flights with nonstop service to 150 destinations, of which 31 are international.
- There are over 300 International Organizations currently active in the region, hosting over 90 International Festivals annually.
- Charlotte is the site for the NASCAR Hall of Fame due to its rich racing heritage.
- Home teams from the NFL, NBA, and AAA Baseball have a large fan base here. Soccer, PGA, and Steeple Chase events are also gaining popularity as the international community grows.
- Information directly from http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/cic/resources/Pages/CharlotteFacts.asp