Dropbox updated their App for new iOS 8 Platform
With release of iOS 8 to user devices, companies catch pace for uploading their updated apps over App Store. The usage of cloud storage over mobile platform is on its peak. Well knows cloud storage provider has also joined the crowd, releasing Dropbox app updated for latest iOS platform, and others are working to take advantage of latest Apple features.
On Sept. 19th, Dropbox released their updated app for iOS 8 users. The app over iOS 7 platform offers following features:
- Access all your photos, docs, and videos from any device.
- 2 GB of space when you sign up — free!
- Share a link to even your biggest files — no more attachments!
- Add files to your “Favorites” for fast, offline viewing
As lot of new functionalities are opened to developers with iOS 8, Dropbox updated their app with some new iOS 8 features, new features in Dropbox app are:
- Restores automatic backup functionality for iOS 8.
- See your recent activity in the Today view widget in Notification Center.
- Improved UX easing saving files to Dropbox.
- Open your Dropbox files directly within other apps.
- General iOS 8 compatibility.
- Create and manage shared folders within the app.
- Additional sharing controls for Pro and Business users.
Company announced about the new features they added to Dropbox apps on their blog. They addressed some of the big changes including functionality in notification center, option to create and manage shared folders, importing and exporting Dropbox files using app extensions.
Almost every service which has good user base is working to take advantage of latest features of iOS 8 platform. There are good number of apps that have been upgraded to iOS 8, and other mobile development companies are making modifications to make use of new iOS 8 functionality.
Dropbox app upgrade is a move to improve their user experience, making use of new iOS8 functionality.