Top 10 Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
There are plenty of reasons to choose hardwood flooring for your home or commercial space. Aside from the durability and beautiful appearance of hard wood floors, there is a certain look of tradition, authenticity, and permanence that goes along with finished wood flooring. Take a look at these other reasons why hardwood just may be your best flooring option:
- Variety – There is no shortage of colors, styles, species, and finishes to choose from. You have nearly unlimited options when it comes to selecting the best floor covering for your home or office. So, you can easily look for one complementing your existing home interiors.
- Ease of Installation – Though an experienced hand is recommended, hardwood floors are manufactured for a simple and secure fit.
- Better Acoustics – Hardwood floors never give off hollow sounds and they are very good at absorbing vibrations.
- A True Investment – Simply put, your home will be worth more with hardwood floors. Since these beautiful floors give you a great bit of ammunition when discussing resale price, there's a very good chance they will pay for themselves in terms of home value.
- A Look of Quality – Hardwood floors give any space a look of quality and polish, as well as a warm feel and traditional appearance.
- Never Goes Out of Style – unlike shag carpeting, you are never going to look at your hardwood floors and say “what was I thinking?” Hardwood flooring has been popular for centuries, and that is not likely to change.
- Low Maintenance – The fact that hardwood floors call for low maintenance is one of their major selling points. A little bit of sweeping and weekly mopping is usually enough to keep any hardwood floor shining.
- Promotes Indoor Air Quality – Hardwood has carpeting beat when it comes to allergens in the air. The fibers of carpet trap pet dander, fibers and dust, making them a poor choice when it comes to cleaner air.
- No Need to Replace – Hardwood floors look better over time. So, you need not replace them in just a few years of installing them. Hardwood can be refinished and restored to its original beauty after many years of high-traffic use.
Durability – A well-made hardwood floor can last for many generations. Hardwood is tough and hard-wearing, and you can count on it standing up to heavy foot traffic with ease. Hence, it is surely a worthwhile investment.