- A gas that contributes to the greenhouse effect by absorbing infrared radiation,examples carbon dioxide and global warming and climate change.
- A colorless, odorless gas produced by burning carbon and organic compounds and by respiration. It is naturally present in air and is absorbed by plants.
- Examples: People exhale carbon dioxide at a level many times higher than background levels in the atmosphere.
- A gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth's atmosphere generally caused by the greenhouse gases effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, and pollution.
- Examples: It is said that Niagara Falls should not or never freeze but it froze last year due to an effect of global warming.
- Any of a class of compounds of carbon, hydrogen, chlorine, and fluorine, typically gases used in refrigerants and aerosol propellants. They are harmful to the ozone layer in the earth's atmosphere.
- Examples: perfumes, paints, aerosols, air conditioner, refrigerator, and other things that contains some chemicals.
- any of several oxides of nitrogen formed by the action of nitric acid on oxide materials.
- Examples: car exhaust systems, industrial acid, and other transportation vehicles.