1) Opening statement: Points made by jattorneys before trial.
2) Closing statement: Points made by attorney at end of trial.
3) Civil Trial: Trial for a violation of civil rights.
4) Criminal Trial: Trial for breaking law.
5) Prosecution: The people investigating a suspect in court.
6) Defense: The people protecting an accused person in court.
7) Guilt/ Not Guilty: Guilty is if you did do the thing of which you were accused and not guilty, I probably don't need to explain that.
8) Direct examination: Questions asked to witness to people called up by attorney.
9) Cross examinations: questions asked to other attorney's witness.
10) Plaintiff: the people interrogating someone.