Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
- Abraham Lincoln was born February 12, 1809 in a log cabin in Hardin County, Kentucky.
Significant event in history
- Knowing about slavery.
- Helping the blacks into freedom
- When the young Abraham was born he was given his paternal grandfather's name, with no middle name. His namesake had been killed by Indians and this killing had been witnessed by Thomas.
Influences in his life
- Grace Bedell was who influenced Abraham.
- Abraham Lincoln was and still is famous for his view on slavery and how he started a civil war between the North and South in the United States during his presidency. He ended up freeing the slaves and giving his Gettysburg Address speech.
Theme of his life
Words of advice
- If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.