By: Michael Siesel
Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
Adolf Hitler was born on April 20th, 1889 in Austria.
He died on April 30th, 1945 by suicide.
Significant events that took place during his life:
World War II
Adolf Hitler was born in Austria. He was the fourth child out of six children. His parents were Alois Hitler and Klara Polzl. When Hitler was three years old, his family moved to Germany. Hitler despised school and struggled. The only class he enjoyed was art. In 1903, Hitler's Father died and in 1907, Hitler's mom died from breast cancer. His mom was the only person who supported him. Hitler dropped out of school and moved to Vienna, searching for a painting job. He worked odd jobs and lived on the streets. Hitler lived on Vienna streets for four years.
People who influenced Hitler's life
- Houston Chamberlain influenced him because he lectured people about the Jews.
- Richard Wagner wrote songs about the superiority and nobility of Germans.
- Karl Lueger was an anti-Jew and praised Hitler's work.
- Adolf Hitler's ancestors were Jews.
- Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace prize in 1939.
- Hitler wrote a book called Mein Kampf (My Struggle) in jail.
- Four of Hitler's siblings died in their childhoods.
- Hitler started the Nazi party in a back room of a café.
- Hitler was a great motivational speaker.
- Hitler started the Nazi party in 1920.
- Hitler formed the Hitler Youth program in 1922.
- Hitler started the making of the Autobahn in 1930s.
- Adolf Hitler was the Dictator of Germany in 1933.
- Hitler achieved the rank of Lance Corporal in WW1.
- Hitler was Times magazine man of the year in 1939.
The theme is Hitler's love for Germany. Hitler wanted Germany to prosper and he was willing to do anything to make Germany successful. At the end of WW1 Germany, signed the Treaty of Versailles, but forced Germany to pay for all of the damages. The treaty sent Germany into a Great Depression. Their economy was corrupt and government was weak. Hitler was afraid the flourishing Jewish government would take over. Hitler loved Germany and wanted to protect it, even committing genocide. Hitler's love for Germany led to the most horrific crime in History.
What I learned
I learned from the bad things that Hitler did. I learned to treat everyone equal. No matter what religion or race, they are all the same. The mistakes of Hitler taught me the right thing to do.
Words of Advice
"Germany will either be a world leader, or not one at all" -Adolf Hitler. I like this quote because it shows that Hitler will risk everything for Germany to thrive.
First Video- Hitler Speech. Perf. Hitler. Hler Speech. Youtube, n.d. Web. <>.
Second Video - Hitler Youth. Perf. Hitler. Hitler Youth. Youtube, n.d. Web. <>.
Book- Dupuy, Trevor Nevitt. Adolf Hitler. New York: Franklin Watts, n.d. Print.
"Adolf Hitler:34 Facts." Adolf Hitler:34 Facts. Jennifer Rosenberg, n.d. Web.