Why does everyone in a Business have Roles, Responsibilities and belong to a Department? Why are some staff promoted to Leaders and Managers?
How do we know who does what?....
First, some fun, can you organise this 'unruly lot'....?
You need to draw up your own Organisation Chart for Hastingsbury! Using copy, paste and crop in powerpoint, here's how you do it....
- At the top you need the Headteacher!
- On Level 2, you need 2 Deputy Headteachers
- On Level 3 you will need 3 Assistant Headteachers
- On Level 4 you will need a selection of 3 Heads of Department and 3 Heads of Year
- On Level 5 you will need 8 Teachers (with no extra responsibilities)
...and now to apply some key terms...
Span of Control
Chain of Command
Centralised / De-Centralised
Thinking Challenge - If we (our GCSE Business class) were a small company, what would the organisation structure look like? Who would have what roles and responsibilities?