Unit 12: Abnormal Psychology
Jenn Botteri, Melissa Beaupre, & Isabel Bourget
Psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent, anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - now its own category*
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Psychological disorder in which the symptoms take a somatic (bodily) form without an apparent physical cause.
- Conversion Disorder
Disorders in which conscious awareness becomes separated from previous memories, thoughts, and feelings.
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
Psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes.
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
A group of severe disorders characterized by disorganized and delusional thinking, disturbed perceptions, and inappropiate emotions and actions.
Psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning.
- Antisocial Personality Disorder