spanish speaking country
Nicaragua is the largest spanish speaking country in central America. The Pacific ocean to its west and the Caribbean Sea to the east. The countries physical geography divides Nicaragua in to three major areas. They are the Pacific lowlands, the wetter, cooler central highlands, and the Caribbean lowlands. Nicaragua also houses 200 species of mammals, as well as 215 different bird species. Finally, Nicaragua has within its borders nearly 500 different species of other animals including reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
approximately 6.2 million people live it Nicaragua. The majority of the Nicaraguan population is Mestizo and White. Mestizoin (Latin America) a man of mixed race, especially the offspring of a Spaniard and an American Indian.)
If you go to Nicaragua you might want to go to the corn island or you might want to visit the Granada and if those aren't entrusting enough you might want to go Visit Masaya Volcano National Park, Nicaragua
The Corn Islands -Located roughly 45 miles off the Caribbean coast of Nicaragua, the Corn Islands are comprised of two small atolls, ringed by palm trees and white sandy beaches.
The Granada-Granada, located 46 km (28.5 miles) south of Managua, sits on the shores of the magnificent Lake Nicaragua in the shadow of the imposing Mombacho volcano.
Masaya Volcano National Park-Lying between Managua and Granada, Masaya Volcano National Park is a fascinating place to visit, en route between the two cities, or as a day trip from either one.
some expressions you might need to know when you go to Nicaragua are
- ¡estoy tan languido! – I am so hungry!
- esas dos chicas estan profis mejores – those two girls are best friends
- los vimos afincando – we saw them kissing
- busca un bosque y pierdete / borate – equivalent of ‘get lost’ / ‘drop dead’
- estoy achantado – I am disappointed
- soltá prende / abrite – tell me/us. expressions used when you want somebody to tell you something
- me duele la jupa – my head hurts
- arpení – brother (hermano)
- va pues – good-bye, see you
- billuyo/luz – money
- bucanal/bache – a party
- pulpería – corner store
- chavalo / sipote/ chigüín – kid, child
- ¡que chafa! – what a lie!
- me gustan tus llantas – I like your shoes
WHAT KIND OF FOOD DO THEY HAVE
Gallo Pinto: most people in Nicaragua eat this almost daily and it is considered a national symbol. It is composed of a mixture of fried rice with onion and sweet pepper, red beans boiled with garlic. They are mixed and fried all together.
Acatamal: a dough which is prepared with ground corn and butter. This is then filled up with small pieces of pork or chicken, rice, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, sweet pepper (all in slices). This mixture is packed in leaves of plantain trees (not edible), tightened with a small thread, that makes it look like a tiny pillow. It is then cooked inside the leaves and boiled during five hours.
Arroz-con-Piña Drink: for this drink you boil a “four leaf clover”, a pineapple and rice, until the rice is soft enough. The drink is then being cooled and blended, adding water. Afterwards, remove the solid part, leaving only the liquid part. Add a little bit of vanilla, strawberry and sugar, as you desire.
NOW I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT THESE ITEMS SURE DO SOUND GOOD!
A tropical climate can be observed in Nicaragua. Just as in the other Central American countries, there are two seasons: the dry and the raining season. During the dry season (January - June) there is virtually no rain and trees and plants start to dry out. Once the rains come around June, July, everything starts growing and the yellow plants and leafless trees turn green and start blossoming. In August and September it often rains once a day. Fortunately, it just rains for a short period of time and these are often spectacular, tropical downpours. In the eastern part of the country it rains more than in the west.
The majority of the Nicaraguan population is Mestizo and White. Exactly 68% are Mestizos (mixed Amerindian and White) and 17% are White with the majority being of Spanish, German, Italian, or French ancestry. Mestizos and Whites mainly reside in the western region of the country and combined make up 85% of the Nicaraguan population, approximately 6.2 million people.
if you go to this link it will show facts about the wars that went on in Nicaragua.