By: Annie and Shea
A Nice, Cool, Clear Water Breeze!
In 1992 Hurricane Andrew hit southern Florida and it destroyed about 42 percent of the miami area.
- The capitol of Florida is Tallahassee.
- The Atlantic ocean and the Gulf of Mexico border Florida.
- Everglades National Park is in Florida.
- Florida borders Georgia and Alabama.
The state flower is the Orange Blossom
- More than 800 birds, reptiles, and mammals make there home in Jacksonville's zoo.
- Skyscrapers of Florida reflect beautifully off waters in Florida.
The state animal is the Florida panther
- There are 67 counties in Florida.
- Florida produces more fresh tomatoes than any other (California comes in second).
- Florida is home to some of the most famous wetlands in the nation.
- 1986- Space shuttle challenger explodes.