Short Answer Questions
with Picture Books
Answer the question directly using proper word choice and by restating the question.
Provide evidence from the selection that supports your answer.
Explain how your evidence supports your answer.
Click on the link below to read the story then answer the question that follows.
In "The North Star," what does the journey symbolize? Explain your answer and support it with evidence from the selection.
Write your answer in the text box provided by your teacher or in the message box at the bottom of this website. Please be sure to submit original work.
Teachers, if you are interested in writing more short answer questions based on digital picture books, follow the link below. I have also provided a few question stems for you to use. Please feel free to share any SAQs you create, as well! Thank you!
SAQ Question Stems for Picture Books:
- How is the theme of ________________ important in this story?
- What is one important symbol in the story?
- How is the idea of __________ important in the story?
- How does the author's use of graphic elements enhance the story?
- How is the concept of ______________ important in the story?
- What did ______________ learn in the story?