Peyote is a cactus plant found in the southwestern United States often used in Native American religious rituals. When ingested, the cactus is a hallucinogenic.
Peyote is commonly used by Native American tribes in the Southwest because the drug gives the person a sense of separation from their body.
Ingestion includes the crushing of the plant to obtain an acidic liquid, then ingesting it. One can also eat the raw disks.
Treatment for peyote is very limited, usually the person is just sent to a medical professional.
Somewhat illegal, but not really.
- I was surprised people get high off of a cactus.
- I was surprised that if you need treatment you can’t do anything besides going to a doctor.
- It’s not a very popular drug, its well known in the southwest and in Mexico
I learned statements :
- Peyote is not known to be addictive but they say that the more you take the same dose the less high you get and you want to take more.
- There are no overdose limit of mescaline that anyone knows about, but it has been said to be one of the safest drugs and there has been no reports of people dying because of too much of peyote.
- I learned that the legality of peyote in the United States is based off the First Amendment.
"Choosing the Best Inpatient Peyote Recovery Center." Peyote Recovery Programs – Recover from a Peyote – Treatment. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.
"Employment Division v. Smith." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 17 Apr. 2015.
"Featured Corner." Peyote-109 , Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers and Addiction Treatment Programs, Resources and Relapse Prevention Network. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2015
Rose, By:: Dillan. Mescaline/Peyote (n.d.): n. pag. Web.