One for the Team
Learning Improvement Professional
Leadership CoachTeam Builder
At the heart of organisational development lies effective team working.
'The responsibility for high performance in teams lies with each member ................and them knowing what needs to be achieved, taking personal responsibility and working collectively.'
'One for the Team' provides professional coaching to enhance the performance of individuals and teams at all levels in educational organisations.
Supporting your improving provision by working with you and your staff.
Confidential Professional Focused
Every learning provider is different - and the most productive improvement strategies emerge through common understanding and full appreciation of the challenges you face.
We will work together to plan, prioritise and implement a bespoke improvement programme, focused on your priorities.
Below are some examples of support programmes from last year:
Provider improvement strategies
Review Programme: evaluating and reporting back
Research Programme: investigating issues further by talking to a wide range of groups including students, staff, employers
Interim Support Programme: working closely with your staff on a short term project
Coaching programmes for aspiring leaders, new leaders, established leaders, for example: change management, team leadership and management.
Senior Team coaching: SLT reviewing, refresh of vision, values and principles
Team / Sector Development: a critical friend reviewing recruitment, participation and performance with feedback, recommendation for improvement and implementation planning
Curriculum Development: engaging schools and 14-19 learners from across the community
Business Development: forging mutually beneficial links with local companies to improve vocational experiences for young people
Sector Team coaching: establishing common priorities, sector contribution, dealing with change, managing troublesome teams
Wider Team Review
Developing effective self review: improving staff confidence, moderating judgements and generating evaluative SAR documents
Policy review: a study of policy relevance and impact on practice
Sector review: performance review, feedback and improvement strategies
Pre / Post OFSTED review: preparing for the inevitable, identifying quality and areas for development with improvement plans to exemplify leadership.
Key education updates
Being a team player involves sharing information others can benefit from. As new documents, articles and consultations are published we will provide updates and links to ensure you are kept up to date. Knowing about proposed or planned changes will ensure you, and your staff, are ahead of the game when it comes to future-proofing your organisation.
Experienced in education
- 25 years in education including teaching, inspection and advice, supporting work-based learning providers
- LSC Partnership Director and management of post 16 LSC-funded provision
- Performance management and appraisal
- Whole organisation and provider reviews
- Reviewing and improving the quality of teaching and learning
- Middle leadership coaching for individuals and teams
- Effective behaviour management and motivational systems
- Developing newly appointed staff through professional coaching
- Personal coaching and career planning for individual members of staff
- Whole school self evaluation
- Governor Body / Management Board development
I have a strong background in education including teaching, supporting, advising and inspecting primary and secondary schools. My roles and experience include:
- Outstanding science teacher and teacher training provision
- Primary and secondary science advisory teaching support
- Primary and secondary local authority school improvement advice
- Primary and secondary OfSTED team inspections
- NCSL accredited school improvement partner provision
- Local authority senior strategic advice for primary, early years and special education
- Director of 14-19 education, collaboration and partnership working
- Director for post 16 and adult education at the Learning and Skills Council
- Post 16 Further Education College Principal Designate