If All Else Fails, GO WEST!
American history 7th period
Top 10 List
10) The Mexican american war- The war between U.S and Mexico. The Texas army screamed "Remember the Alamo" on their way to battle.
9) The Indian Removal Act- Andrew Jackson forced Indians relocate to a new place.
8) Oregon trail- A trail used to go west.It connected the Missorri river and the valleys of Oregon.
7) Alien Sedition Act- An act that president John Adams passed saying that if any alien was caught doing something suspicious, then they can be thrown in jail.
6) X,Y,Z Affair- 3 British men insulted america so president Jackson called the X,Y, and Z.
5) Cotton Gin- An invention that made it easier to pick seeds out of cotton. It helped transform the U.S from agricultural to industrial.
4) California gold rush- In 1849, a lot of people moved down to California in hope to find gold. It was extremely risky to do, but still a ton of people did it.
3) Gadsden purchase- It was purchased by the U.S from Mexico. It was the region of current day Arizona and New Mexico.
2) Louisiana purchase-Land bought by the U.S from the British.The British sold it so that they could get money for their army.
1) War of 1812- Ended in a statemate, a war against the British and U.S.
March/14/1774 - Cotton gin is invented
July/14/ 1798 - Alien sedition act
February/17/1803- Thomas Jefferson elected president
1798 - 1800 - X,Y,Z affair
April/30/1803 - Louisiana purchase
June/8/1812 - The war of 1812
May/28/1830 - Indian removal act was passed
December/30/1853 - Gadsden purchase
1846 - 1848 - Mexican America war
January/24/1848-1855 - California gold rush
Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd president of the United States. He was born on April 13, 1743 and he died Jul 4, 1826. He was a founding father and the writer of the Declaration of Independence. The Declaration of Independence is the document that made the 13 colonies independent. It was a very important document because if Thomas Jefferson hadn't written it, then we would still be owned by Great Britain. Another thing he did, was he purchased the Louisiana purchase.The Louisiana purchase was the terratory from the Mississippi river to the Water shed boundary. It was a pretty big space and he bought it from the British for 50 million dollars. Thats a lot of money but it was worth it. Over all, I would say that Thomas Jefferson was one of our best presidents. He accomplished so much for America and for that, we are forever greatful.
Breaking news! A war has broke out between the U.S and Great Britain. The U.S declared war on June 18, 1812 because of a lot of reasons. One reason is, the British were kidnapping american soldiers and making them fight for the British army. Another resson is because the British were trying to turn Indians against trying to expand America. The last reason was because the British were insulting our army, president, and other members of authority. More news on this story as it develops.
2 YEARS LATER
It a miracle! After 2 and a half years, the war of 1812 has officially ended! This is the best news since we became independent from Great Britain. You might ask how did it end? Well, it ended with the treaty of Ghent which was signed on December 24, 1814 and it is basically a peace treaty. You might ask who won? Well nobody really won. We like to say that it ended in a stalemate, which means nobody won. We now realize that the war ended a while ago but we didn't now about it until a couple days ago. Isn't it good news that now we can live in peace!
George Washington was good man. He was an excellent leader. He was born on February 22, 1732 and he died Demember 14, 1799. He was 67 years old when he died and he lived a very successful life. He was a fantastic army general. He was an excellent first president and he set the example for all of the other presidents. He chose not to do more than 2 terms (which is 8 years) because he didn't want to be over ruling. It was a sad day when Washington died from epiglottis, which is basically a throat infection. We all know that at first Washington didn't want to be president but i think that he enjoyed it. I would like to send out my blessings to all of the Washington family. He will always be remembered for his bravery, leadership, and presidency. We love you George.
1 lb. of beef
5 celery stalks
1 cup of peas
1 cup of beans
1 cup of corn
5 cloves of garlic
5 cups of water
DIRECTIONS: Mix vegetables and seasoning in a soup pot. Add vegetables and water. Stir meat and let simmer over low.
By The Numbers
1 independent country
3 branches of government
3 men in the X,Y,Z affair.
15 million dollars for the Louisiana purchase.
2 men sent out to explore new land
180 soldiers against thousands
1 life changing invention
17000 cherokees forced to relocate
12000 Mormons traveld the Mormon trail
1 American flag
The war of 1812 was war between the U.S and Great Britain. It ended with the Treaty of Ghent but nobody won the war.
Mr. Jones's Chapter 8 power point
Mr. Jones's Chapter 9 power point
Mr. Jones's Chapter 10 power point
Mr. Jones's Chapter 11 power point
Mr. Jones's Chapter 12 power point