By: Kayla Roberts
What is polyester??
is a a category of polymers that contain the ester functional group in their main chain.
whats it made from??
*coal and petroleum
- strong and often blended with other fibers
-Resistant to wrinkling
- shrink and stretch resistant
- easy to care for
- great washability
- pills easily
-Children s wear, shirts and suits
What is Nylon??
was the first commercially sucessful synthetic thermoplastic polymer
- first fiber to be manufactured totally from chemicals
-strong, durable and elastic
- Dries quickly
- resists wrinkles and soil
- washes easily
- Heat sensitive
- clings to the wearer
Hosiery, swimwear, and windbreakers
Synthetic fibers made from polymer
- resembles wool
- soft and warm
- bulky , yet lightweight
- quick drying
- wrinkle resistant
- static buildup
- pills easily
fabrics and awnings
what is Rayon??
a textile fiber or fabric made from regenerated cellulose
- soft, absorbent, and comfortable
- streches and its weak when wet
-mildews and wrinkles easliy
what is Acetate??
a synthetic or manufactured fiber with a silk luxurious appearance
- very versatile
-inexpensive very easy to dye
- silky luxurious
-deep, luster, soft
-special care needed in cleaning
what in the world does spandex mean!!??
lycra elastane is a synthetic fiber known for its exceptional elasticity it is stronger and more durable than natural rubber.
- known for the ability to stretch
- resistant to lotions, oils, sun and perspiration
- easily gets damaged by chlorine water
- soft, lightweight
- dance wear
- exercise wear