Black Advertising and Strategic Communication Association
Who Are We?
The Black Advertising & Strategic Communication Association (BASCA) is a partnership between students, faculty, and professionals intended to develop and prepare Black students for careers in advertising, public relations, and marketing.
What is Our Mission?
BASCA is a partnership between students, faculty, and professionals intended to develop and prepare Black students for careers in advertising, public relations, and marketing at The Ohio State University.
What Do We Want to Accomplish?
- Increase students’ understanding of the advertising industry and its practices
- Lead more Black students to aspire to and achieve careers in advertising
- Provide Black students with information about and access to available careers in advertising and strategic communication
- Expose students to industry news and real-world applications of advertising principles through trade publications and social science journals
- Provide students with access to academic and professional mentors and role-models
- Create opportunities for students to gain professional experience through internships
- Increase the number of Black students who take courses in advertising and major in Strategic Communication
- Increase the number and percentage of Blacks working in general market agencies
- Foster a social and professional network of students and alumni with interest in and/or ties to advertising and strategic communication