Carole & Jackson
are getting hitched!
We are super duper excited to share our special day with you. In case you missed our save-the-date video (aka "our story"), check it out now below! Yes, Jackson actually spent hours putting it together. And I also spent hours "supervising". :D
Now that you received the formal invitations, all you need to do now is:
- Admire Carole's (and a bit of Jackson's) hours of cutting, pasting, and folding. Yes, I (Carole) take the blame for getting a bit too ambitious.
- Fill out the RSVP card and kindly return it back to us before August 18th, please. :)
- Plan for your accommodations (more details below)
Things To Do
The venue is located in Groton, CT and it is close to several points of interest.
Mystic (15 minutes drive): a small touristy town. It's a great place for a nice afternoon stroll - checking out the local stores, taking some pictures at the Mystic Seaport, and cooling off with some ice-cream at Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream. As for dining, there are a handful of restaurants along Main Street:
- Mystic Pizza: some of you may recall this is where Julia Roberts filmed the movie (Disclaimer: it's relatively good pizza but of course don't expect it to be the best you've ever had.)
- Azu (American): pretty good lunch-type of food
- S&P Oysters: this place has been recommended to us by a couple people. But we never got a chance to try it because it's always so packed. So maybe worth trying.
- Foxwoods & Mohegan Sun (30 minutes drive): for those who like the thrill of gambling. Good luck and win lots of money. :D
- Spa at Norwich Inn (20 minutes drive): it's a destination resort spa. Great for those who like to take it easy and enjoy some messages. They provide accommodations and golf as well.
- Crystal Mall at Waterford (15 minutes drive): it's got all the typical mall stores - just in case you want to grab something or walk around somewhere indoor.
If you want to stay the night and give yourself some time to explore around, we have blocked some rooms at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. The hotel is 15 minutes drive away from the venue. They have an onsite spa (Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden) as well in case you're interested.
Use this link to book your room: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/ChenMa
There are several other options within driving distance:
- Hilton Mystic (http://www.hiltonmystic.com/)
- Steamboat Inn in Mystic (http://www.steamboatinnmystic.com/)
- Norwich Inn (http://www.thespaatnorwichinn.com/rooms.aspx)
- Hampton Inn Groton (http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/connecticut/hampton-inn-groton-GONCTHX/index.html)