First Texas Homes
Custom Home Builder
About First Texas Homes
Based on 45 years of collected family background in residential building and development, First Texas Homes has been offering first-rate service and quality for more than 29 years out of offices in Houston and the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The company takes clients through every step of the process, beginning with the blueprint selection and alteration, and ending with a brand new home in the neighborhood of choice. The First Texas Homes process consists of three main steps. First, the clients find a community within the Houston or Dallas/Fort Worth areas. They can then either look for an existing home or work with the firm to create plans for a customized new home. Finally, clients secure financing for their new homes.
First Texas Homes backs the quality of their homes with a 10-year warranty that allows new homeowners to rest assured knowing they have made a wise investment. Additionally, the company is dedicated to helping homeowners reduce their carbon footprints through the installation of energy-efficient plumbing systems, gas water heaters, furnaces, and Energy Star Qualified Appliances.
Energy Star Benefits in New Homes
First Texas Homes has built high-quality, energy-efficient homes in Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth for three decades. An Energy Star Partner, First Texas Homes is committed to ensuring each new home it develops meets the organization’s guidelines, so homeowners can enjoy the benefits offered by Energy Star certified homes.
Energy Star certification offers the peace of mind that comes with knowing a property has been built to the highest standards and independently inspected prior to owners moving in, and the knowledge that the energy-efficient features that have been built into the home are contributing to real energy savings of 15 to 30 percent compared to typical new builds.
Each Energy Star certified home also has an array of integrated features, including a water protection system, efficient appliances and light fixtures and a complete thermal enclosure system. The latter ensures temperatures throughout the house remain constant through the use of insulation, air sealing and windows that have high-performance features, such as protective coating.
Four Simple Tips for Improving Energy Efficiency in the Home
Led by a management team that combines over 45 years of experience in the home building sector, First Texas Homes provides high-quality homes to residents in Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth. As an Energy Star Partner, First Texas Homes is committed to helping residents cut their carbon emissions and save money on their energy bills. There are a number of things you can do around the house to start saving energy.
1. Turn lights and appliances off when not in use to eliminate idle energy consumption.
2. Improve the insulation in your home in order to maintain more consistent temperatures and reduce the amount of energy lost through the roof and walls.
3. Take time to research each appliance that you purchase to determine whether it is energy efficient.
4. If you are moving into a new home, request a utility audit. This will essentially provide you with a list of energy-efficiency issues that you can start remedying.
Tips for Buying a Home in Houston
A family-operated company that draws on over 45 years of experience, First Texas Homes, Inc., builds properties in the Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston regions. Furthermore, First Texas Homes provides quick move-in options for residents. Here are some useful tips for buying a home in Houston.
1. Understand the process. In some cases, it can take up to 60 days to close after signing a contract, so prepare for this to avoid frustration.
2. Down payments. Aim to pay at least 20 percent of the home’s value as a down payment, as doing so helps you avoid paying for private mortgage insurance. This can range from 0.25 to 2 percent of the loan value paid annually, depending on the borrower.
3. Energy efficiency. Homes built with a focus on energy efficiency will help you reduce utility bills. Pay particular attention to the HVAC system, which will see a lot of use in Houston due to the heat, and the quality of appliances such as water heaters and furnaces.
Avoid These Three Mistakes When Buying a New Home
First Texas Homes has constructed high quality homes for more than 30 years, working closely with customers to provide custom floor plans and amenities. First Texas Homes offers unparalleled customer service throughout all stages of the home construction process.
When buying a new home, it is important to remain engaged and thoughtful throughout the entire process. Here are three common mistakes to avoid while purchasing a new home:
Committing before receiving a pre-approved loan: All too often, buyers are unaware of the types of mortgages for which they qualify when they begin the house hunting process. To avoid committing to a home that may not be financially feasible, buyers should shop for a mortgage lender and determine which lending programs they can use.
Spending too much: Although it may seem obvious, buying a home beyond one’s means can have disastrous financial consequences down the road. This may happen unintentionally when buyers fail to consider home-related costs such as maintenance, utilities, and property taxes.
Forgetting good faith estimates: According to the provisions of the federal Truth in Lending Act, mortgage lenders must supply borrowers with good faith estimates within three days of offering a loan. This document includes a detailed breakdown of the loan’s component coasts, as well as annual percentage rates (APR). Buyers can use this to their advantage by visiting multiple lenders and comparing their good faith estimates.