Remembering Grandma Belsito...
Born today (May 31st), and I still think of her every day...
It's been several years since you went to heaven, Grandma, but we think about you all of the time.
There are a million great memories I have of my Grandma, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Eating dinner (well...dinner for her, a snack for me) at 3pm before I went into work at Discount Drug Mart or Papa John's Pizza.
- The half smirk / half scowl she'd give when she was annoyed.
- Randomly handing me a couple of dollars along with a "shhhh!" so my Dad didn't know.
- Her lasagna during all family outings.
- Listening to her sing Italian songs when she didn't know I was paying attention.
- Just having her only steps away for all of my childhood.
I'll never stop thinking about Grandma Belsito. But just thinking of some of the memories above puts a smile on my face.