Welcome back, RJSC!
Welcome back from spring break! We hope you had a great time and that you're ready for the rest of the semester. We'd like to congratulate Read Hall 2nd Floor for winning Highest GPA on campus at the President’s Scholarship Awards Banquet! As always, stay tuned for more information regarding this month's events and programs, and keep up the great work!
Are you interested in submitting a short piece or article? Contact your RA or the editors for more information!
This month has kicked off with a few programs already, including Pi Day, game night, Ultimate Frisbee, and a Pandabucks drawing. Remember that by attending programs, you can earn more Pandabucks and a better chance of winning this semester's second raffle prizes. There are quite a few events to attend this month, so keep an eye on the schedule and around your hall for flyers!
- 3/19: Disney and Ice Cream Program- Johnson Lobby, 8-9 pm
- 3/20: Blayr's Floor Event- Johnson 3rd Floor Study Lounge, 7-8 pm
- 3/22: Katie's Athens County Dog Shelter Floor Program, 10-11:30 am
- 3/22: Outdoor Fun at the Ridges- Meeting at Johnson Lobby, 12-2 pm
- 3/22: Documentary Night- Read Rec Room, 7-9 pm
- 3/23: Kaitlyn's Community Clean-up Floor Program- Johnson 2nd Floor, 3-4 pm
- 3/23: Stitch n Bitch- Read Lobby, 8-9 pm
- 3/26: Islamic Center Dinner- Islamic Center, 5:30-6:30 pm
- 3/26: Mary's Edible Compost Program- Johnson Lobby, 7-8 pm
- 3/27: Katie/Blayr's Self Defense Program- Johnson Lobby 6-8 pm
- 3/27: Mary/Camille's Honors Organizations Pres.- Read Rec Room, 7-8 pm
- 3/27: Dessert Dialogue: Mental Health- Read Rec Room, 8:30-9:30 pm
- 3/28: Patrick's Lit Fest Program- 7-9 am
- 3/29: Hall Council Columbus Trip
- 3/30: Stitch n Bitch- Read Lobby, 8-9 pm
- 3/31: Hall Council Meeting- Read Rec Room, 7:30-8:30 pm
- 4/1: Throat Swabbing Program- Read Rec Room, 5:30-7 pm
Resident of the Month
Hey everyone! I'm a first-year (very recently declared) Global Studies: War and Peace Major, hoping to pick up a certificate or second major in Environmental Studies. I'm from Dayton, OH, where I majored in theatre at a school for the arts. Travel and the great outdoors are my passions in life, and I also adore books (classic works are my favorites), movies (I used to work at a video store), and music of all kinds (my dad is the leader of a reggae band). I'm involved with Student Senate's International Affairs Committee and the Sierra Club, and am taking over as president for the Association for Cultural Exchange next year. If everything goes well, I'll also be studying abroad in Thailand in the fall!
My name is Katie Black and I’m the girls RA on the 3rd floor of Read. I’m a sophomore HTC Biological Sciences major with a focus in nutrition. Some of my favorite things include Taylor Swift, sunflowers and coloring with Crayola markers. Right now I’m super excited to be preparing for a 6 week mission trip that I am going on this summer to Slovenia. I've lived in RJSC for both of my years as a Bobcat and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Camille Smith is a sophomore first-year RA in RJSC. She is majoring in African American Studies, with a double minor in journalism and sociology and a double certificate in global leadership and museum studies. She hopes to work in museums after she graduates, and she will eventually pursue her masters and PhD. On campus, Camille is a writer for Thread Magazine and an active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. She is also the founding president of Ohio University's chapter of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. In her free time she loves to volunteer around the Athens community and read lots of books, especially high-fantasy and historical fiction novels. Lastly, Camille will be traveling to South Africa for a two-week volunteer trip in May, and then she will spend the rest of summer break interning at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit, Michigan.
- Calvin H.
- Christine B.
- Camille S.
- Nicole B.
- Sara S.
- Kathleen B.
- Kimberly K.
- Yonry Z.
- Christopher P.
- Brenna T.
- Sara S.
- Yi X.
- Selina N.
- Nathan S.
- Mara T.
- Yazhen Y.
- Lorene B.
- Anna F.
Thanks for checking into the newsletter! Keep checking back to get more news about upcoming programs and campus events. Like our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for even more up-to-date information!
Fill out the "Get In Touch" form below with questions or comments about the newsletter, or the complex in general. As always, your feedback is appreciated.