Sausage, Apple & Gouda Breakfast Pizza
- 4 6-inch pita bread rounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into thin slices (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 fully cooked turkey sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
Preheat oven to 375*F. Place pita rounds on a baking sheet.
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and cook, stirring, for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Add apple, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until a light glaze forms. Stir in sausage and heat through.
Place about 4-5 spinach leaves (about 1/4 cup) on top of each pita.. Divide the apple-sausage mixture among pizzas. sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned.
Makes 4 servings