Tyne and Wear Walks
Coast and Country guided walks
Walks on the north-east coast
Guided walks exploring the coast from St Mary's Island to the mouth of the Tyne.
Whitley Bay, Cullercoats, Tynemouth and North Shields fish quay.
- Walk 1 Twin Piers - easy short walk of approx 4 miles, 2 hours, to the mouth of the Tyne and back. Beautiful beaches and historic Cullercoats and Tynemouth villages.
- Walk 2 To the Lighthouse (and back) - moderate walk of approx 7 miles, 4.5 hours including stop for refreshments at the fabulously retro Rendezvous cafe. Sweeping seafronts and the picturesque St Mary's Lighthouse at Whitley Bay.
- Walk 3 Fishy on a dishy - moderate walk of approx 6.5 miles, 4 hours including stop for refreshments at the Low Lights Inn on the Fish Quay. At the vibrant port of North Shields, you can buy fish, fresh or fried!
- Walk 1: £30 (max 4 persons) + £5 for each additional person
- Walks 2 and 3: £50 (max 4 persons) + £5 for each additional person
Please note, cost of refreshments is not included in the price.
To make a booking, please complete the form at the bottom of the page. Your guide will then contact you regarding suitable dates/times and payment.
Walks start at Cullercoats Bike & Kayak, NE26 2PD (see map below):-
To enquire or make a booking, please complete the form below.