2014 - THE YEAR OF THE IDEA is an online contest designed by Blackstone LaunchPad for current Baldwin Wallace University students, faculty and staff who have For-Profit, Non-Profit or Baldwin Wallace University ideas.
The Spring 2014 contest ended March 31, 2014. A new contest will begin Fall 2014.
- The competition is open to all current undergraduate and graduate students at Baldwin Wallace University. Effective 2/22/14, the competition is open to all current BW faculty and staff, as well.
- An idea can be submitted by a "team" (consisting of up to 5 people), but all team members must be current Baldwin Wallace University students, faculty or staff.
- Submissions must be early-stage ideas and not fully developed businesses. As such, an idea that already has a functioning business associated with it will not be accepted.
Specifically, the idea cannot already:
~ Generate revenues.
~ Receive funding or financing of any form.
~ Be part of an accelerator or incubator.
~ Have any legal form of incorporation.
- Contestants may submit more than one idea in more than one contest.
Decisions of the Blackstone LaunchPad judges are final and not subject to appeal. Each submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- How innovative and/or original is the idea?
- Does the idea provide a solution to a problem?
- Is this idea distinctly original or significantly different from what already exists?
Prize winners will be contacted via email or phone shortly after the conclusion of each contest. Additionally, all submissions will be entered into a random drawing and/or compete in an online vote for more cash prizes.
The identities of the contestants and the short descriptions of the ideas disclosed in the submissions are considered public domain and can be used by Blackstone LaunchPad and/or Baldwin Wallace University for marketing and PR purposes.
Blackstone LaunchPad helps students and alumni start businesses and nonprofits.
Our services are free, confidential, ungraded and available to all classes from every major. http://bw.thelaunchpad.org