Our Class Expectations
So You Finally Got an iPad...
We will be practicing the BIG FOUR
- Stay on-task and focused
- Use only apps listed for this learning experience (could be choice or a specific list, depending on activity)
- Collaborate with your partner when asked
- Handle the device with care
Things to Know
When I say, ”Heads Up” (teacher)
You say, ”Tech Down” (students)
”apples up” and Earbuds out when educator is talking or collaborating with group
- Music - quiet individual work time; cannot be distracting from work or time consuming
- Videos - educational only
- Games - educational only
- Quizzes/Tests Online - no other resources open/out
- Phones - down during class
- Messaging is for educational collaboration ONLY
- Charger labeled at all times!
- FULLY CHARGED FOR CLASS ~ IPAD READY!
- NEVER LEAVE IPAD UNATTENDED IN COMMON AREAS
RED - YELLOW - GREEN
What does it mean???
Blackboard & E-mail
- Make sure you have push notifications ON for Blackboard
- Check email daily for important information from teachers and administration
CONSEQUENCES & REPERCUSSIONS
Offense 1 - Teacher conferences with the learner
Offense 2 - Student may not use the device (campus or personal) for that period, the student will email their parent details of off task behavior and CC the educator in the room.
Offense 3 - Referral to AP. Phone call home. Lunch Detention.
Offense 4 -Referral to the AP. Educator collects the device (if personal device, the items will be turned into the office). Phone call to parent from the AP. Consequences to be determined by administrator. Can be repeated as needed.
Offense 5 -ISS or other consequence deemed appropriate by the administrator