(: Italy & Japan :)
(: By Hailey Wright :)
Facts about lasagna:::
- Originated in Italy
- Made of thin layers of pasta(with meat, cheese, and tomato sauce). :):):)
- July 29th is National Lasagna day!
- The most well known kids cartoon lasagna lore is probably that the cat, Garfield, from the comic strip, has lasagna as his favorite food.
- The earliest lasagna recipes known are dated from the thirteenth century.
- Considered one of the oldest pastas.
- In Italy, the word “lasagna” doesnt mean food(in fact, today, the food is still spelled “lasagne” as the plural form). The word “lasagna” referred to the pot in which the food was cooked. It is thought that the word “lasagna” for the pot is derived from the Greek word for “chamber pot.
Facts about Sushi:::
- Sushi dates back to at least the second century, beginning as a method of preserving fish in China.
- The word “sushi” actually refers to rice that has been seasoned with vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration stipulates that all fish to be eaten raw (with the exception of tuna) must be frozen first, in order to kill parasites.
- June 18th is Sushi international day.
- Nearly 80-percent of the world’s Blue fin tuna caught is used for sushi.
- Raw fish sliced and served alone (without rice) is called sashimi.