By Curtis B.
Biography for Mrs.Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
Steven Tyler was born on March 26, 1948 in Manhattan, New York
Significant Events in History that Affected Steven's life
- Ireland's Potato Blight
- The Great Depression
- The Musical British Invasion
- The Hippie Movement
- The Rap Riots
Steven Tyler's childhood
Steven Tyler was born in Manhattan, New York to Victor Tallarico and Susan Blancha. When he was three he moved to New Hampshire until he met his fellow band member and partner and best friend Joe Perry. After he finally found all of his band members he went on to perform his first song "Dream On" in Mansfield Connecticut.
- People who influenced Steven Tyler
- Victor Tallarico (Steven's dad) got him into music
- Susan Blancha (Steven's mom) got him to become a professional musician
- Joe Perry (Steven's best friend) got him into using heroin
- Liv Tyler (Steven's daughter) convinced him to go to drug rehab
- Milo Langsdon (Steven Tyler) convinced him to stop drinking.
Aerosmith in Texas, 1978
- Real surname name is Tallarico.
- Steven is known as the demon of screamin' because of his wide vocal range.
- Steven took drugs so often with Joe Perry that they were called the Toxic Twins.
- Steven Tyler has had hepatitis c for 11 years.
- A man once thought that Steven was a girl in the mid 1970's
Steven Tyler in the 9th grade
- Won an Emmy award
- Won over 14 awards for his songs with Aerosmith
- Met Barack Obama
- Got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011
- Has four children and a grandson
Significance of Steven Tyler
- Created a bridge between all kinds of music
- Stopped the Rap Riots
- Revolutionized music
- Credited with being one of the giants of american music (by Paul McCartney!!!)
- Also credited to be a music genius by several music other bands
- Wrote the Aerosmith songs Dream On, Walk this way, Rag Doll, Sweet Emotion, Janie's got a gun
- Was a Heroin addict for 30 years before going to Rehab
- Was a raging alcoholic until 2009
- Dated Mary Weiss, the lead singer of Shang Li (Never heard of them? Me neither.)
- Cyrinda Fox, Bele Bulle, Teresa Barrie and Mary Weiss were all ex girlfriends of Steven Tyler
Steven Tyler's four children
What I Learned and Words of Advice
Before watching all of his songs and reading his bio I never realized how good listening to Aerosmith made me feel growing up, especially when I was doing my homework when I was little and I won't forget that.
- "Life is short, break the rules,forgive quickly, kiss slowly,love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile." (pg.1)
- "Fake it until you make it." (pg.267)
- "Don't grow old and mean (like my ex-wife)." (pg.312)
NA, NA NA. "Rock This Way || Aerosmith News - FEBRUARY 2004." Rock This Way || Aerosmith News - FEBRUARY 2004. NA, na. Web. 04 Mar. 2015.
NA, NA MA. "Steven Tyler Plastic Surgery - Was A Bit Extreme."GossipMagazinesnet Plastic Surgery Measurements Makeup Tattoo. NA, 07 Dec. 2014. Web. 04 Mar. 2015.
NA, NA NA. "Aerosmith * Walk This Way * Live." Dailymotion. NA, na. Web. 04 Mar. 2015.
Jackson, Laura. Steven Tyler: The Biography. 1st ed. Vol. 1. London: Piatkus, 2009. Print. Ser. 1.
NA, NA NA. "Steven Tyler." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, na. Web. 04 Mar. 2015.