Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
made by Katelyn D.
Marie Antoinette was beheaded nine months after King Louis XVI, her husband, was, on October 16, 1793, by order of the Revolutionary tribunal. Marie Antoinette, the last queen of France, was born Maria Antonia Josepha Joanna on November 2, 1755, in Vienna, Austria.
Marie Antoinette was the 15th child of Empress Maria-Theresa of Austria and her husband Emperor Francis Stephen. Soon after birth, Marie was put into the care of a nurse named Constance Weber. Constance Weber's husband was a magistrate. Her mother would visit and bring them gifts. As a child "Antonia" was closer to her father. Antonia's father was a cheerful, indulgent, and good-natured man. Sadly he died of stroke when Antonia was only 9 years old. Marie had an 'awe-inspired fear' mixed with love toward her mother.
Significant Events That Effected Marie's Life
- The French Revolution
- The American Revolution
- Over taking of Bastille (a french prison. The people overran the prison and took the weapons there)
The rumor that she ever said "Let them eat cake!" is false. There is no factual evidence of her saying let them eat cake.
Another fact is that she was 14 when she married Louis XVI and became Queen of France.
Marie Antoinette was the 15th and last child.
Marie Antoinette's extravagant lifestyle was actually what lead the country to resent her.
Marie's wigs were known to be very high and therefore very heavy. The heaviest known was 9lbs! To create this extravagant look hairdressers would wear pads and would powder their hair. The tallest known was 3.5ft! That is a small child on top of your head.
People That Influenced Marie's Life
Marie Antoinette's father was a big role in Marie's life. Her Father loved gardens and so pasted the love for gardens to his daughter. Marie Antoinette
Marie Antoinette was the largest fashion icon in history. To get away from stresses Marie would match up outfits and spend money on clothes.
Marie Antoinette was known world-wide for her beauty.
Marie brought peace between Austria and France by marrying Louis XVI.
Theme of Marie's Life
The theme of Marie's life was: Live life to the fullest. Marie Antoinette took every opportunity given to her and lived a wonderful life.
Things that Marie Antoinette Taught Me
Marie taught me that to really enjoy life you need to sometimes step back for a moment, just a moment, and appreciate the beautiful and wonderful things in life. She taught me to enjoy what we have in life.
- 1st picture of Actress playing Marie Antoinette in the garden: "Serveis Educatius Filmoteca De Catalunya » Drac Màgic." Serveis Educatius Filmoteca De Catalunya » Drac Màgic. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015
- Photo of Marie Antoinette as a child: "Wix.com SRP-MarieAntoinette Created by ChelseaSeigle Based on LONG Left Sm | Wix.com." Wix.com SRP-MarieAntoinette Created by ChelseaSeigle Based on LONG Left Sm. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.
- More Research for Marie Antoinette's childhood: "Marie Antoinette Childhood." History and Other Thoughts. N.p., 2 Mar. 15. Web. 2 Mar. 15.
- 1st video on Marie's life: "The Life of Marie-Antoinette in 3 Minutes [Mini Biography]." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.