10 Affordable Small Business Marketing Strategies
As a savvy small business owner, you know business success doesn’t happen by accident; if you want to build your business, you are going to need to actively engage in marketing strategies. Budgetary restrictions are a fact of life, though, and you don’t have much capital to invest in marketing. That’s not a problem - marketing doesn’t have to be expensive to be effective! It is possible for your small business to find marketing success on a shoestring budget; try these 10 affordable small business marketing strategies – and discover just how affordable success can be!
- Attract new customers with a mobile friendly small business websiteThe use of digital technology is now so ubiquitous that a mobile-friendly website has become a necessity for any small business that wants to succeed. Your website will be the first contact that many visitors have with your small business, so make sure your pages are well-written and filled with relevant information that will have value for your customers. Your website marketing efforts will help establish your brand and build a loyal clientele for your company.
- Bring in business with a well-written blogBring business to your website and lengthen your marketing reach by writing an interesting blog with relevant information, tips, and guidance that pertains to your business. . A well-written blog will help attract new visitors to your website, raise your website’s search engine ranking, and help it reach the top of commercial real estate search engine results for your area.
- Extend your marketing reach with video tutorialsThe knowledge you’ve accumulated over the course of establishing and running your business is a valuable resource you can use to build the authority of your brand. Shoot a series of video tutorials for new small business owners and build a dedicated YouTube channel to showcase them. Engaging informational videos have a long lifespan, so you can expect your tutorial series to vastly extend your marketing reach for many months and years to come. You don’t need professional equipment to market your small business with video, just your smartphone and a steady hand!
- Use social media to build customer engagementOne of the best features of social media marketing for small business is that it allows business owners to interact with their online customers in a very real and personal way. Establish a presence on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and start engaging with customers. Build a following by inviting customers to interact, then position your company as “the small business that cares” by responding to comments, complaints, and questions from customers within an hour or two.
- Retain customer loyalty using targeted email newslettersEmail newsletters are one of the most effective ways to stay in touch with your current customers. Overly promotional emails won’t do the trick; instead, separate your contacts into specific interest groups and send targeted content such as stories and articles that relate to their interests, along with a discount or promotion that suits their needs.
- Gain referrals by joining local networking eventsPersonal relationships still remain the greatest source of the referrals that are the lifeblood of most small businesses. Becoming a member of local organizations like the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, etc. will help you develop deeper relationships with other local business owners, which will lead to referrals as you establish trust.
- Establish your company’s authority through online networking forums and groupsBuild a solid network of online contacts and establish your company’s authority by joining networking groups and online forums that are related to your small business. Google+ presents the perfect opportunity to do this; actively participate by answering questions and starting discussion to establish your reputation as an authority in your field.
- Ask for reviews and manage your reputationSince a growing number of customers now research reviews before hiring a company, it is important to claim your name on business review sites like Yelp!, Angie’s List, etc. Add pictures, descriptive text, and a link to your website, and ask your customers to post reviews. Set a Google Alert to notify you when reviews are posted so you can respond quickly and professionally to customer kudos and complaints.
- Make certain that your customers can find youCustomers increasingly research businesses online; if your company’s phone number, address, and other vital information are incorrect and customers can’t find you, they are going to take their business somewhere else. Claim your business listings on Google My Business (which combines Google+, Maps, and Search) and other online sites, and verify that all vital information is accurate.
- Incorporate paid searchUnlike print and radio advertising, online advertising can be quite affordable. Start small, with some paid search ads - Google AdWords and Yahoo Search Marketing are good places to start. Paid search is the perfect marketing strategy for small businesses on a budget, because you can set your daily budget for as much or as little as you want and you only pay when a lead clicks on your ad. Experiment with different terms and test the results.
For help implementing these and other online marketing strategies for small business, you can turn to the dedicated team of marketers at Blue Interactive Agency. We can provide you with affordable small business marketing services that include mobile-friendly responsive web design, professional blog writing services, interactive marketing strategies for small businesses, and more.
Join us in two days for this Thursday’s Market Automation Software Review, when we will be taking an in-depth look at Marketo software.
Contact us at Blue Interactive Agency today at 954-779-2801 for more information on implementing affordable marketing strategies to help your small business succeed!