Naples Walking Tour
3 day walking and cycling tour
Naples is the capital of the Campania region. The city is the third most populated municipality of Italy, but the second metropolitan area, after Milan. It was founded between the 7th and 6th centuries BC by the Greeks and was named Neapolis, which means new city. Sandwiched between a sleeping volcano and the steaming Campi Flegrei, Naples is a rumbling mass of contradictions. Extremes are something Naples does impressively well. Grimy streets hit palm-fringed boulevards, crumbling façades hide baroque ballrooms and cultish shrines flank cutting-edge clubs.
Check out what Naples has to offer
- Spend some time at the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and admire its collection of Greco-Roman sculptures and objects found at Herculanum and Pompeii.
- Marvel at the San Carlo Theater, a jewel among European opera houses with its perfect acoustics and broad stage.
- Contemplate the Catacombs of San Gennaro, a complex of galleries cut into the volcanic rock.
- Admire the imposing Castel Nuovo built in 1282 by Charles I.
- Visit the Temple of Serapis, a former market which was mistaken for a temple when first discovered.
- Visit the Santa Anna dei Lombardi a church built in the Renaissance style.
- Saunter through the Galleria Umberto shopping centre with its high glasshouse dome
- Explore the Amphitheatre of Flavius dating back to the reign of the Roman Emperor Vespasian.
- Visit the Palazzo Reale a sumptuously decorated and furnished palace.
- Discover the Solfatara fumaroles with it's miniature volcanoes spitting mud and jets of bubbling sand
This tour can be linked to the Amalfi Coast Capri Ride & Hike Tour
Best Time To GO: April to June, September, October
- Total Distance: 89 km (55 mi)
- Daily Average: 30 km 19mi)
- Arrival: Naples, Italy
- Departure: Naples Italy
- Duration: 3 days
- Additional Days: 1
- Terrain: Mostly Hilly
- Difficulty: Low
- Number of Climbs: 3
- Max/Min Altitude: 186/0 m (610/0 ft)
Google Earth Tour Map
Best Viewed on your PC - Google Earth required - (FREE download available) - Click on Button below to view all the details about this tour on your PC. (This file cannot be viewed on your tablet or iPad)
View on your PC. Will not open on your table or iPad
Need help with our Google Earth Maps? NO PROBLEM check out our User Guide below
Main Route Maps
Click on the Button below to download and view details of the day's journey and associated details on Google Earth from your PC, Tablet or iPad.
WEB Page Link - Condensed Day Maps
Select a day to view route map information without the associated details (places to see, accommodations etc.) on your Web Browser. Google Earth not required to view these maps
Support The Touring Hub
The Touring Hub is a project aimed at sharing information about interesting places to visit in a sustainable and responsible fashion. We are committed to provide FREE accurate and complete information on all the destinations that are listed on this site. If you like what you see and feel compelled to support us, we will happily accept any donation you would like to make. THANKS.