Renaissance Character Profile
Kelsey Haggard Hr.3
- Lived in Italy and died in Italy.
- Born: February 15th, 1564 & Died: January 8th, 1642.
- 77 years old at time of death.
- Family: 2 daughters & 1 son. (Maria Celeste, Vincenzo Gamba, & Livia Galilei.
- Marina Gamba, mother of all children.
- Never been married.
- Father of Science.
- Father of Modern Physics.
- Father of Modern Science.
- Father of Modern Observational Astronomy.
IMPORTANCE TO THE RENAISSANCE:
- Italian physicist.
- Philosopher who played a major role in the scientific revolution.
- Stated that the sun stays put, while the planets move around it.
- Invented the telescope and the thermometer.
- Made many improvements to the telescope.
- Broke the tyrannical grip from the church, over common people.
MAP OF PISA, ITALY:
GALILEO GALILEI'S IMPACT ON TODAY'S WORLD:
- Physicist's, Astronomers, and Mathematicians are all modern day jobs because of Galileo, he made these jobs.
-People now a days still use telescopes and thermometers, he invented them and made many improvements to them.
- His contribution to Physics and Astronomy, has greatly impacted our world in technology today.