Cross Fit Solace
Starting Up A Crossfit Gym In Nyc – A List Of The Basic Costs You Will Incur
Looking to start your very own venture in the fitness industry? There can be no better name to associate you with than Crossfit. Ever since it was developed way back in the 1990s, this format of exercise has created ripples across the fitness world, bringing with it a workout that is much more than just strenuous. It actually makes your daily workout something that you will want to look forward to. And that is a truly outstanding feat. Opening a Crossfit NYC gym is a great achievement in its entirety.
After you have made the decision of going with the Crossfit brand, you will have to look into the costs involved to actually draw up a practical business plan. This article will enumerate the basic expenditure heads that you will have to consider for opening your very own Crossfit NYC gym.
- Affiliation: As of now, your affiliation to the Crossfit brand name will cost you somewhere on the upper side of $3000 per year. This will be a recurring expense for you and will have to be paid up front every year for as long as you want to continue your affiliation.
- Insurance: As a rule, every Crossfit gym should have a proper insurance policy taken out covering its owners, trainers, facility as well as the members of the gym. Here, you will have to understand that most traditionally designed insurance policies are not structured to cover the unique activities that are performed in a Crossfit fitness center. You will have to, therefore, find a customised solution for your insurance needs which will cost you somewhere between $1,000 - $3,000 per year depending on the size of your facility, number of members, and a variety of other factors.
- Permits: This is the trickiest part and will require constant liaison with the local authorities and regulatory agencies in NYC. Make sure you hire a real estate agent who can professionally handle the task for you without any hassle. Permits for a Crossfit NYC gym can cost you anywhere between $100 up to $10,000.
- Property: The location of your gym is one of the biggest concerns that you need to look into as an entrepreneur. The space should be enough to allow you to pay your bills but not too much so as to become overly expensive for you. Again, your real estate agent will be your best friend here and will be able to find you a property that is well within your budget and suitable for your needs. This cost can go up to anywhere between $1,000 - $20,000 depending upon your property.
- Crossfit Level 1 certificate: Every Crossfit gym owner must obtain the level 1 trainer certificate before you can obtain affiliation. This will cost you around $1,000 and the certificate will remain good for about 5 years.
- Equipment and technology: Depending upon the space in your gym and the facilities you offer, equipment will cost you anywhere between $5000 to $20000.
Visit CrossfitSolace.com to know more!
About The Author
Megan Ryan is a personal trainer and fitness expert who recommends CrossfitSolace.com as the best Midtown gym and yoga center for you to get your body back in shape. She writes many interesting articles and blogs on the topic to help people resolve their queries and doubts relating to the topic.