TCEA 2015: My Journey
Join me as I take you down my "yellow brick road" of sharing and learning from my week at TCEA this year...
Symbaloo: Organizing UR Online Life
This is our second year presenting our Organizing UR Online Life session at TCEA. This is our "wall of sharing" from our participants.
Tackk into Learning
I am an average TACKK user but after this session, I'm inspired and motivated to use it more often. I believe that the ease of use and the creativity it allows is perfect for students and teachers at any grade level. We learned...
- How to create a tackk
- How to create a slideshow (upload multiple photos)
- Templates, backgrounds and colors
- Embedding objects into the Tackk (click on more and go to Embedly)
- The comment stream
- Some educational uses for tackk
- Using invite codes for students under 13
- How to create a customized header (tools discussed: Canva, pixlr, picmonkey)
- Page Ruler: a measuring tool that allows you to measure items on the web
- Snagit: a screen capturing tool that allows you to create animated how-tos and screenshots of anything on your computer
Below is the Tackk that was created for our session by our awesome presenter.
Office 365 for the Classroom
As an ETS in a district that is currently using Office 2013 and moving to Office 365 in the near future, this session was very informative and I really appreciate all of the resources that were shared. I learned...
- The difference between Onedrive for consumers and Onedrive for Business
- The Excel Survey feature (love it)
- How to get a QR code for documents you want to share
- How to download PC versions of office applications
Below is the Today's Meet with resources from the session.
This was our first presentation on this app that does allow real-time sharing of ANYTHING! Below is our website on Baiboard that includes lesson tips and ideas and a video of actual classroom use.
I facilitated this session with the other middle/ j-high ETS from my district. This presentation highlighted some of our favorite formative assessment web tools. We covered:
- Plickers (paper clickers)
- Mentimeter (quick polling with a variety of options)
- The Answer Pad (screen sharing tool for teachers)
- Socrative (online quiz making)
- Poll Everywhere (quick polling with texting/ tweeting/ ppt functionality)
- Kahoot (fun & interactive, works on any device and browser)
- Ed Puzzle & Zaption (video quiz creator)
Click the image below to access our Blendspace on all of the tools we discussed.
Pair Up: Edmodo & BYOD
In this session, we covered the how's and why's of this very popular learning management tool- it really does allow you to #learnanywhere! The following links contain the resources we used/ shared with the participants.
Although I have loved my time this year at TCEA.....