Genetic Heredity Party Bonanza #heredity

Genotypes of the above punnett square are the Gg on the outside that make up the cells. If G=green flowers and g=yellow flowers, you have a 75% chance of having or green flowers and a 25% chance of having yellow flowers. There are two homozygous combinations in the square, GG and gg. Along with that, you have 2 heterozygous combinations and those are both Gg. The reason that sexual reproductions are more diverse is because of the amount of parents, whereas asexual reproductions have just one parent.

adaptation: the action or process of adapting or being adapted

evolution: the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth

species: a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding

gene: a unit of heredity that is transferred from a parent to offspring and is held to determine some characteristic of the offspring

genetic: of or relating to genes or heredity

sexual reproduction: the production of new living organisms by combining genetic information from two individuals of different types

asexual reproduction: a mode of reproduction by which offspring arise from a single organism, and inherit the genes of that parent only; it is reproduction which almost never involves ploidy or reduction

The survivial value of genetic variation is important to survival of all animals because then all animals would look like all others in the species.