The following methods are the best ways for you to save water !
1. Put plastic bottles or float booster in your toilet tank. Doing this it will cut down on water waste. It will save ten or more gallons of water per day.
2. Insulate your water pipes. You will get hot water faster plus avoid wasting water while it heats up.
3. Take shorter showers. One way to cut down on water is to turn off the shower after soaping up, only turn it on to rinse. A four minute shower uses up to 20 to 40 gallons of water so shutting the tap off while showering saves a lot of water.
4.Turn off the water after you wet your toothbrush. Just wet your brush and fill a glass for mouth rinsing. Doing this you save plenty of water because you do not need the water running the whole time you brush teeth.
5. Rinse your razor in the sink. Fill the sink with a few inches of warm water. This will rinse your razor just as running water, with far less waste of water.
6. Use only your dishwasher and clothes washer for full loads. Most makers of dishwashing soap recomend not pre-rinsing dishes which is a big water savings. With clothes washers, avoid the permanent press cycle, which uses an added 5 gallons for the extra rinse. For partial loads, adjust water levels to match the size of the load. Replace old clothes washers. New Energy Star rated washers use 35 - 50% less water and 50% less energy per load.