Dairy Day in the Park Field Trip
Attend Dairy Day in the Park!
- In the forum: What was your favorite part of the field trip? Share pictures if you can!
If you cannot attend this trip, complete TWO of the following activities at home.
Turner Dairy Farms
Becky from Turner Dairy Farms will be visiting our students during our field trip on May 28th! You can learn all about Turner's Dairy from home.
- In the forum: Share your three favorite products that Turner Dairy Farms make.
Lights, Camera, CHEESE!
Click below to watch a video about how cheese is made!
- In the forum: Share two interesting facts you have learned about making cheese.
Visit a park near your house!
Spring is perfect for playing outside! Visit a park near your house today.
Here are some ideas of what you can do:
- Play on the playground and swings.
- Have a picnic.
- Play tag or another outdoor game.
- Play ball! Bring a soccer ball, baseball and bat, or play tennis.
- Take a hike and learn about nature.
- Plan a scavenger hunt.
- In the forum: Share what you did at the park today. Share a picture if you can!
Make a Smoothie
Many smoothie recipes have dairy in them. Here is an example of a smoothie recipe:
- In the forum: Share which smoothie you made! How did it taste? Share a picture of your creation if you can!
Read a Book
In Storia, read 'Dairy' by Susan DerKazarian. This is a level I book. Your facilitator may read it to you if you cannot read it by yourself.
- In the forum: Share two things you learned from reading this book.