Attack of Pearl Harbor
Mckenna Garrison, Karley Sherman
THE ATTACK OF PEAR HARBOR
• On December 7th 1941 the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor
• After just two hours of bombing 2,400 people were dead• 21 ships were sunken or damaged after 2 hours also
• The next day the us declared war on japan officially starting WWII
• Japan wanted to continue their expansion within Asia but the United States had placed an extremely restrictive embargo on Japan.
• Rather than giving in to U.S. demands, the Japanese decided to launch a surprise attack against the United States
• The Japanese attempted to destroy the United States' naval power even before an official announcement of war was given.
• On November 26, 1941, the Japanese left for Pearl Harbor
• Japanese attack force was led by Vice Admiral Chuichi nagumo
• It was a 3,000 mile journey to Pearl Harbor
• The attack time was 7:48 am Hawaiian time