ART MAKERS . . .
Do you create at the kitchen table, in the garage, or your basement? Do you create art for the love of your medium, maybe sell a some to family and friends, or give your work as gifts? Are people awed by you talent and exclaim “You should sell your work!”?
If you said “Yes!” to some or all of these questions, then you’re exactly the artist I'd like to reach.
Here are a few particulars:
- I am specifically seeking fine artists without gallery representation and very little web presence.
- I am interested in all mediums – textiles, jewelry, sculpture, 2D wall art, paper, ceramics, metal, wood, possibly even food.
- Work must be high caliber, using quality materials, reflecting meticulous attention to detail.
- A large inventory is not necessary, but you should desire to sell your art and be responsive to demand.
- This is a “no-intimidation” zone. The artists I want are notestablished, may be emerging, and in any stage of life.
Who am I? I am a creative who has dabbled in many artistic mediums and have a working knowledge of many others. Currently I'm an administrator in a fine art gallery in suburban Portland, OR. I have been involved with open studio events and freelance in a communications and marketing capacity for artists, professionals, and organizations. My eventual goal is to open a brick-and-mortar storefront, but for now I am creating an online gallery. I share my time between Oregon, the southwest, and New England, so artists in these areas particularly are welcome to contact me. I will create the website (in process), integrate various social media platforms, incurring those costs in time and money. Your art will be sold on a commission basis. I will have a better idea as things progress, but expect the percentage to be in line with normal gallery commission structures. Shipping details specific to your work will be arranged on an individual basis. I plan to launch the site once I have a reliable artist base and can offer a solid presence.
Don’t be afraid to show me what you do. No art snobbery here, I'm open to everything. I am truly seeking cottage industry artists, who have a professional attitude about what they create, and offer something unique.
If this sounds interesting to you, email me with a few images and tell me a little about yourself and your work at email@example.com.