Asian Grilled Tuna Salad
With a creamy ginger dressing!
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil, toasted variety
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp water, warm
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp sriracha chili sauce, optional
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked tuna, steak at least 1-inch thick
- 4 cup(s) mixed greens
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup(s) shredded carrot(s)
- 1/2 medium English cucumber(s), thinly sliced
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, sugar and oil; remove 3 tablespoons to a cup. Add mayonnaise, water, salt and sriracha to cup; cover dressing and chill until ready to serve.
Place tuna in a glass dish and pour remaining soy sauce mixture over top; toss to coat, cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours.
Off heat, coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray; heat to high heat. Remove tuna from dish; discard marinade. Cook tuna until grill marks are evident, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare (or longer for well done). Let rest for 1 to 2 minutes and then slice thinly across the grain.
Combine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and cucumber in a large serving bowl; drizzle with reserved dressing. Top with tuna; garnish with scallions. Yields about 2 cups vegetables, 3 1/2 ounces tuna and 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing per serving.
Originally from Weight Watchers