BAJA BEEF AND BLACK BEAN SOUP
Fill up on tender chunks of beef,
black beans, and corn.
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 3 hours | Total: 3 hours 15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 (15 ounce) can BUSH’S Black Beans, drained
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef with half of the chopped onion.
- Add beef mixture, corn and garlic to slow cooker. Stir in beans, chicken stock and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours on low.
- Serve topped with remaining red onion, sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges.
Why Black Beans?
Black Beans are perfect in soups, with rice, pureed for dips or as a standalone side dish. Plus, they're high in protein and fiber, low in fat, and rich in essential vitamins and minerals.