Student Council Elections 14/15
Spring 2014 Election Timeline
May 06, 2014 >>>>> Nominations open. Applications available online only.
May 09, 2014 >>>>> Information sessions. Mandatory for all candidates.
May 09, 2014 @ 11:00 PM >>>>> Deadline to submit completed online application AND completed Election Understanding Agreement (available at Information sessions).
May 06 - May 09, 2014 >>>>> Campaign Period. Candidates may campaign after they attend an Info Session.
May 12 - May 16, 2014 >>>>> Elections week.
No campaigning or campaign materials within 50 feet of polling areas. Candidates must remove all campaign materials by 4:00 PM on the last voting day or risk disqualification.
Qualifications for Candidates
Candidates and members must meet all qualifications at the time they take office and throughout their term in office.
- Student Council members must be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Student Council members must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Student Council members must be registered for at least six (6) credits at Hawai`i CC
- Student Council members must be available for meetings, trainings, and events
- Unless otherwise stated in the governing documents, no member of the Student Council may hold more than one (1) elected or appointed office at any given time
- Your Home Campus MUST be Hawai`i CC
- West Hawai`i members must be registered in classes in West Hawai`i
- Meetings will be held on Fridays from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. You must be available at this time; you cannot be registered for class during the meeting time.
- You are required to have completed at least 1 credit at Hawai`i CC to earn at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- You MUST attend a mandatory Information Session, indicated on the application form
- Members will be eligible to early register for classes and to apply for a maximum 6-credit tuition waiver
- Candidates will run in the elections for Student Representative positions
- 16 Candidates will be elected: 7 Liberal Arts, 7 CTE, and 2 West Hawai`i