Thomas A. Edison
Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
made by Zach P.
Thomas Edison was born on February 11th,1847 in Milan Ohio
Events Effecting his life
- Morse code was used
- underground railroad was going on
- Locomotives were used
Thomas Edison went to school at age 12. He also likes to spend time outside. Thomas Edison also, hated school. When he was moving he was fascinated by steam locomotives. He also, likes to be around animals.Even thought his family was not rich his family still were happy of what they had. He has living with seven siblings.They lived Milan,Ohio until they moved to Port Huron, Michigan.
people who influenced his life
- his brothers helped him with his experiments
- His mom helped him in school to get good grades
- sisters helped him around the house and with his exxperements.
- Thomas Edison had limited hearing
- Married a 16 yr. old girl
- Loved to read Morse code
- did experiments
- saved a boys life
- owned a business called general electric
- made the light bulb
- made a device to contact the dead
- made a doll that talks
- owned a cement company
- made cement homes.
Theme of Thomas Edison Life
The theme that Thomas Edison wanted us to know was to follow was your dreams and never give up. Try new things it might not be bad. Think out side of the box.
Words of advice
- Flow your dreams and don't give up
- you learn from trial and error .
Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.
"Thomas Edison & The History of Electricity." , Manufacturing & Technology. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.
"Thomas Edison Biography Documentary." YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.