MobyMax for Writing
- Teachers will be able to make a writing assignments in MobyMax
- Teachers will be able to score writing based on a rubric and give feedback to students.
- Teachers will look at a variety of writing resources that can be used with MobyMax writing.
TEAM Rubric - Standards and Objectives, Assessment, Academic Feedback, Activities and Materials, Student Work
TN Standards - Writing
NETS - Technology Operations and Concepts
a. Understand and use technology systems
b. Select and use applications effectively and productively
Digital Citizenship - Copyright and Creative Credit
What is it we want our students to learn?
How will we know if each student has learned it?
How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
- Login to MobyMax using the provided student log in
- Click on the Writing Workshop Tiles and explore this area by completing some of the questions in the section.
Task 1 - Student View (15 min)
- Click on the Writing Assignment tile to view the assigned writing prompts.
- Click on The Journey West prompt.
- Click on Instructions to see the prompt and write a response
- Explore other prompts that are assigned
Task 2 - Model Teacher -Student Collaboration (10 min)
- View students’ responses and collaboration options
- Scoring the writing or sending back to revise
- Revise and re-submit
Task 3- Short Answer? (10 min)
- Discuss Short Answer Tile
- View subjects where this is available.
Task 4 - Teacher Log In - Creating/Managing
- Login as a teacher
- Create a writing assignment in MobyMax
- Explore the rubric or use a pre-made rubric
- Finalize an assignment for your students