Was an English chemist, meteorologist and physicist. He is best known for his pioneering work in the development of modern atomic theory.
Dalton discovered the behavior of atoms in terms of the measurement of weight. Discovered it in the 1800's.
1. John wrote a book called "A New System of Chemical Philosophy", published in 1808.
2. He also uncovered the fact that atoms couldn't be created or destroyed.
3. He eventually composed a table listing the atomic weights of all known elements.
4. Dalton's principle to gauge how pressure levels at different depths of the ocean will affect the air and nitrogen in their tanks.
5. Dalton also wrote about his experiments proving that atoms consistently combine in simple rotations.
Four Random facts:
1. He was a president of the Manchester literary and philosophical society.
2. Born September 6, 1766
3. Died July 27, 1844
4. Award that he won was royal medal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dalton (For picture)